Monday, May 29, 2006

Rejected!

Wow, it has been a long time since my last post.
I`m a bit busy lately with (school) work and all so the first thing that has to pay is this :)

Last week I had a pretty bad first time experience: I`ve been rejected.
No..no..exclude love..I`ve already (been) rejected a lot there, but more from a proffesional point of view conecerning my life after university.

I decided to apply for an international internship at Aiesec (www.aiesec.net), to gain some work experience and see something more of Asia. I already had this planned in my mind in January, so you can imagine I was really looking forward to it. But I forgot about the application procedures. In their introduction/information presentation they made it all sound so easy: You apply, we check if you are ok, and you can start searching. But things seemed to be a bit more strict..at least in my case. I had an interview, my first interview ever, and it went pretty good. We had a nice conversation and they got to know me better. It was actually going so smooth, that I didn`t really feel very nervous..I felt at ease. So after the interview I had to wait for the call for if I was selected or not. That call came four days later and sadly..it started with "I`m sorry to inform you that..". She asked if wanted any feedback, and of course I said yes.

So I got to here that I was not motivated enough (why did I apply then?) and that I was not the type of student they were looking for, and that they were looking for somebody who know what he or she wants (got me there; but can`t an internship serve as an orientation?)..and that searching for an internship for me would be a very long..long process that might and up in failure (great..hunderds if not thousands of internships and I don`t fit in any of them? And why not prepared to put in a little effort?)..

So as you might guess I was and still am (a little bit)..sad that I didn`t get selected..or was given the opportunity to. But I still yearn for some travelling (in combination with work-experience). So what now? Aiesec was the most clear-cut option, studying in a foreign country was just to expensive (tuition).

So I`m kept wandering and drifting..where will I end?

No comments: