Friday, May 05, 2006

Archive: August 2005, Lowlands!

My first time at this festival up north after going to Pinkpop and Werchter in earlier years..and I had a great time!
The weather was great, the food delicious, the people nice..and the music..the music was fantastic!

Pictures will follow later because I didn`t take my digital camera, but some throw-away sh*t...so those will come online in a few days :)

What did I see:

Friday:Beatsteaks - not very interesting...music you`ve heard a thousand times before :)
Polyphonic Spree - Feel good music, men in dresses..their music should make the sun shining..but instead it started raining a little bit..the only rain for the whole of the festival...a punishment from above? :)

Kaiser Chiefs - Great band with a great performance..be sure to get the song: "Everyday I love you less and less"...:)...the singer was injured to his leg and still performed!

Franz Ferdinand - saw them last year on Werchter when the hype was at its hight..again the show was great..the public was great..the band was tighter than last year

The Prodigy - not really my thing and didn`t like it...

Saturday:Little bit of Zuco 103 - Dutch band with a South American sound...great in the early morning to get awake!

zZz - Again a dutch band with a drummer and a "hammond" orgel (forgot the english word for that instrument)..the music was great and reminded me a bit of The Doors...only shame was that two things came on stage halfway to entertain the public with their "seductive" moves..why?why?!

Death from Above 1979 - A distorted bass and a drummer making the hardest rock `n roll on this festival...great band..great bass player!


Mala Vita - Multicultural band from the Netherlands..party music!


Pixies - Saw them last year on Werchter and didn`t really like hem, their show now was much better and even great! The played some beautiful songs and really seemed to enjoy themselves..:)

Zondag: Millionaire - Belgium rock band with pretty "heavy" music...maybe programmed a little bit to early for my sleepy head but the show was still great!

Quit your dayjob - should I take this seriously? Sweden must be a very boring country when you start making music like this :) ..was good for a smile however. Singer Introducing a song: "This song is about finding money on the street." Only lyrics: "Ooooh I found a dollar!" ..and who can even forget the song: "Sperms are Jerms"

Queens of the Stoneage: Good, strong and tight performance..only a shame that Mark Lanegan wasn`t there..and all those Incubus and Foo Fighter fans standing in front of me and being a very dead audience despite the great music..

Four songs of the Futureheads - Nice songs, Nice band! Performed for a way to small audience!

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - because the Foo Fighters didn`t really attract me (you know what you will get: Rock) I decided to go to Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds...and I will never regret it. A great performance! Beautiful song and a great performance of Nick! Especially the last number: Stagger Lee...he was telling this story with his voice and body...just brilliant!..my absolute highlight of this festival!..

Note: I had the best festival-food in years: especially the everzwijn-hammetjes!..you know..the food that Asterix and Obelix eat after a long day of work! :)

No comments: