Friday, September 15, 2006

Daily Show...

If there is one thing which I really miss in the Netherlands, it is the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. CNN europe only airs a compilation episode once a week. And it just isn`t enough. So I search youtube for clips. Some of those old clips really break me up, and make me laugh in a way I haven't done in a long time when watching dutch television. Here we also have enough satire on television, but in my opinion its a little bit dull and uninteresting. We have a program called "Koefnoen" here where a number of people impersenate famous dutch people. Sadly, the impersenations are in 90% of the cases highly annoying instead of funny. Some goes for other programs. "Kopspijkers" used to be very funny about 4 years ago, but has lost its edge through the years. Then we also have a program based on "..And this was the news" where a number of people make funny comments about last weeks news in a game-setting. Boring jokes, boring people, who writes their lines?

Nah, just give me Jon Stewart. On dutch television please. And no, I don`t want a dutch version of the show with a dutch presenter, because Jon Stewart and his team are what makes the daily show so funny.

Besides, a regular airing of the show would perhaps change the view of the dutch on the americans. That not all are so idiotic as Bush and his administration. That there might still be hope for the most powerful nation in the world.

An example:

No comments: