Thursday, April 19, 2007

Almost weekend..

Tomorrow night I will go to a goodbye party (with lots of booze and Americans). Saturday morning I want to wake up at 5:00 am. Does it seem logical? Does it fit?
We`ll see. I know that I want to be on the bus to Bharatpur at 6:00am, to be arriving there at 10:30am. I`ll find my hotel around 11:30am. And go to the bird sanctuary around 1:00pm. I`ll probably be going alone by the way. The other guys in my house have to work on saturday, and most of the girls in the house just had a busy weekend and are looking for a rest. Not that I really mind though. I just want to escape from Jaipur for two days, and see how I will survive in the Indian wilderness on my own. You see..I`m probably going to travel three weeks by myself, so this is a good rehearsal. Including other people in my trip would also sabotage my style of travelling: No planning, no schedule, no reservations. I just want to go there and improvise, make it up along the way. If I feel like doing this, I want to do this, if I however feel like doing that, I will do that.

Today I also checked my bank-balance. It is doing ok. Still have to buy a big number of souvenirs though. Already made a list of things I could give to certain people, and also know where I will probably find the souvenirs. Instead of buying the cheap-touristic junk in the Pink-City, I`m going to aim for souvenirs with a bit more quality. These are of course a little bit more expensive, but still cheap as hell. Of course, I could buy the very cheap stuff, but it literally falls apart while you wear it. How often I have seen the ladies of the house with broken camel-leather slippers, and how often I have seen the tread and needle to fix clothes gone bad.

No comments: