Sunday, February 04, 2007

After the first night...

I slept like a rose, stone..or any other object that stands for a good and long night of sleep. It has been mre than 24:00 hours now since I entered the country, and I think my level of expectations where correct: Having no expectations at all. I think it is a country which you really have to enter with an open mind, and where you just have to let things come at you..slowly.

I`ve got a beautiful room, in sort of a ched on the top of the house. I don`t know if it is water-proof, but the great view when you step out of the room is simply brilliant. So I got up today, and the first thing I did was sitting on top of the roof with the sun shining in my face. Also a nice thing is that the railroads are just next to the house, and the trains always loudly announce their pressence. They are not so pretty diesel-trains, but I`ll make sure to take some pictures for the train-lovers out there.

The people in the house (7 others) are all very nice. Although the names are not yet completely in my mind, it always takes a week or 2 for them to settle in my long-run memory and stay there for the rest of my life. 3 guys and 5 ladies by the way.

I`m also going to try to buy a guitar here, an acoustic one. From my first impression I should be able to get one for maybe around 20 euro's...although I haven`t seen a shop yet. It`ll probably be my first try at aggressive india-style bargaining :D.

I`ll post some pictures one of these days on my msn space, so check that place out.

Greetings

Paul

ps: Good luck to my cousin and of course the little baby!

No comments: