Monday, February 12, 2007

1 week and counting

Already one week gone..and what did I do in my first long weekend? I drank..and drank some more. We had 2 goodbye parties for one south-african guy..Seth..a really good guy. We drank some whiskey and rum, and had some fun, and listened for the biggest part of the evening to my music (I was the DJ!). Some other people went to Jodhpur, to see one of the sights I also have on my wish list. First I felt a bit insulted because they didn`t mind to ask me if I wanted to tag along..later..I was actually happy. They left saturday night and came back sunday night. The trip there and back again took 12 hours. They were in the city for maybe 8 hours? Not worth it in my honest opinion. I`d rather take some more time to see sights like those; If there is one thing I hate, it is running through sights.

My job at the moment is still a big question. I`m in doubt which project to take..currently I`m in child and development, working together with Gina. But somehow..communication is just very difficult, and nothing feels really right. My working-methods are just a lot different from hers I guess, and today I had a gigantic problem just to understand where and what she was doing. Our supervisor of the child and development program didn't..but then again I wonder if she really cares about anything anyway. So I`m thinking about moving to natural resource management, there was a nice project there which had a bit more connections with economics. Of course..I`ll have to work alone again..but maybe it is for the best..I can do it at my own speed, with my own line of thinking and reasoning..that might work-out a lot better. Only problem with that project is that I would have to go to a forest for three weeks to study forest management at the spot. Its a bit long..but then again..it would be a great adventure.

Greetings

Paul

No comments: